Thomas Hut. Home for our first night above Worcester. Built by the Worcester section of the Mountain Club of South Africa in 1930 when Eddie Pells realised the Fonteintjiesberg were good for skiing after a heavy snowfall. The hut is named after McL Thomas, who was chairman of the Worcester Section at the time
Stu looking across at the landmark Woolworths building
Perry Refuge. Built in 1956 as a refuge to mountaineers travelling through these potentially treacherous mountains.